- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Russell Harbaugh makes his feature directorial debut with the ensemble film, which documents the divergent ways a family navigates their path forward in the wake of the loss of its patriarch. MacDowell plays Suzanne, a college professor who grieves the death of her husband while watching how her two sons handle the news very differently.
Written by Harbaugh and Eric Mendelsohn, the drama also features Chris O’Dowd, Gareth Williams, James Adomian, Juliet Rylance and Dree Hemingway. It made its world premiere in April at the Tribeca Film Festival, where it won the award for best cinematography.
Lucas Joaquin, Lauren Haber and Michael Prall produced, with Mendelsohn, Lars Knudsen, Robert Halmi and Jim Reeve serving as executive producers. Love After Love is a Great Point Media production, in association with Secret Engine and Weedon Media.
IFC Films’ Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM Partners and Great Point Media’s Halmi.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day