- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Garcia, an Oscar nominee for his performance in The Godfather: Part III and who recently appeared in Dean Devlin’s Geostorm, will play William Russell, an Illuminati mastermind billionaire.
Duan, who just picked up the best actor award at the Tokyo International Film Festival for his starring role in Dong Yue’s thriller The Looming Storm, plays the Greenwood scientist Fang Mingtao.
Co-starring in the feature, from Finnish director Timo Vuorensola, are Lin Yi, Vivienne Tien, Rhydian Vaughan (aka Rhydian Yue) and German actor Udo Kier.
The third edition in the Iron Sky franchise has been shooting at Wanda Studios in Qingdao, China, since October. The film has been set up as a China-Finland co-production and relocates the action to China, linking the Iron Sky‘s sci-fi universe with the ancient Chinese fairytale of Chang’e. China Film Co., Jiabo Culture Investment Co. and Jetsen Cultural Media Group are producing.
Iron Sky: The Ark is set to shoot through early 2018 and is eyeing an early 2019 release in China.
Vuorensola’s Iron Sky was released in 2012. The sequel, Iron Sky: The Coming Race, is set to bow early next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day