- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Statham is leading a double-barreled call sheet that also includes Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Sylvester Stallone, who are set to reprise their roles from the previous three installments. Also in the chamber are Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Megan Fox and Tony Jaa.
Stuntman-turned-helmer Scott Waugh (Need for Speed) is set to direct what will be the fourth franchise outing, with shooting scheduled to begin in October.
Spenser Cohen wrote the script, with revisions by Max Adams and John Joseph Connolly. Details are being kept in the holster, but the plot will once again focus on a group of veteran mercenaries.
Garcia will play a CIA agent assigned to accompany the Expendables on their dangerous mission.
Statham is also producing along with Kevin King Templeton as well as Millennium’s Les Weldon, Yariv Lerner, Jeffrey Greenstein and Jonathan Yunger.
Garcia is coming off shooting a modern-day remake of Father of the Bride where he plays the lead role of the patriarch. He also acts as a producer on the Warners movie.
He has several movies in the can, including indie Big Gold Brick with Oscar Isaac, Thor Freudenthal’s teen drama Words on Bathroom Wall, and action pic Redemption Day.
He is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day