- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a new Turn of the Screw for Hunger Games and Inherent Vice actress Jena Malone, who stars in Victorian thriller Angelica.
The latest from director Mitchell Lichtenstein (Teeth, Happy Tears) features Malone as Constance, an innocent shopgirl whose dream marriage to a medical researcher (played by Brit actor Ed Stoppard) turns into a nightmare after puritanical doctors order the couple to a regime of abstinence. Things go sinister as an apparently supernatural force begins to threaten Constance and her daughter Angelica. Two-time Oscar nominee Janet McTeer (Albert Nobbs) co-stars.
This exclusive first-look teaser trailer shows off Angelica‘s lush design, courtesy of Oscar-winning production designer Luciana Arrighi (Sense and Sensibility) as well as cinematographer Dick Pope, recently Oscar nominated for his lensing of Mr. Turner, and costume designer Rita Ryack (A Beautiful Mind). The clip features a haunting score from Polish composer Zbiegniew Preisner (Three Colors: Red).
Angelica will have its world premiere in the Panorama section of the Berlin International Film Festival on Feb. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day