- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Angelina Jolie is in early talks to star in TriStar’s adaptation Shoot Like a Girl.
The film is based on the book Shoot Like a Girl: How One Woman’s War Against the Taliban Led to Her Victory Over the Department of Defense, an upcoming memoir by Air Force Maj. Mary Jennings Hegar that will hit shelves in March 2017.
Hegar, whom Jolie would play, served three tours in Afghanistan as an elite rescue helicopter pilot. She earned a Purple Heart and the Distinguished Flying Cross for her work. She also opened the front lines for women by successfully taking on the Department of Defense in Washington, D.C., asserting that the combat exclusion policy barring women from combat duty was unconstitutional and unjust toward women in the military.
The Gotham Group is producing the project. Frank Baldwin wrote the most current draft of the script, and the producers are currently looking for a director.
The book originally was brought into the studio by Nicole Brown, who will oversee the project with Hannah Minghella.
Jolie most recently was seen in By the Sea, which she also directed. She’s attached to the Maleficent sequel at Disney. She’s repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.
Gersh reps Mary Jennings Hegar and the book.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day