- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Angelina Jolie’s directorial debut, In The Land of Blood and Honey and Jayne Mansfield’s Car – the latest film from actor/director (and Jolie’s ex) Billy Bob Thorton – are heading to Berlin.
Jayne Mansfield’s Car, a 1960 period drama starring Thornton, Robert Duvall, John Hurt and Kevin Bacon, will have its world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival (Feb. 9-19), while Jolie’s Golden Globe-nominated film about the Bosnian war will get a special screening in Berlin.
Berlin announced further competition titles including the new features from German arthouse directors Christian Petzold (Barbara), Matthias Glasner (Gnade) and Hans-Christian Schmid (Home for the Weekend). All will have their world premieres in Berlin.
Also in Berlin’s competition line up are Aujourd’hui from Senegalese helmer Alain Gomis; Caesar Must Die from Italian directors Paolo and Vittorio Taviani; Sister from Swizerland’s Ursula Meier; Greek drama Meteora from director Spiros Stathoulopoulos; Tabu from Portugal’s Miguel Gomes and Just The Wind, the latest from Hungarian director Benedek Fliegauf.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day