- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jolie Pitt stars in the marital drama — which she wrote, directed and produced — opposite her husband, Brad Pitt. The two play a couple visiting a seaside town in France during the 1970s who face a crisis in their marriage. The cast also includes Mélanie Laurent, Melvil Poupaud, Niels Arestrup and Richard Bohringer.
“Time and again, Angelina Jolie Pitt has proven herself an artist of the highest caliber,” Bob Gazzale, AFI president and CEO, said in announcing the opening night film. “It is an honor for AFI to celebrate her latest story with its world premiere and, in doing so, to shine a proper light upon her boundless creative energies as actor, director, writer and producer.”
“AFI has long supported the boldness and experimentation that accompanies provocative cinema,” Jolie Pitt commented. “As a filmmaker, and on behalf of our cast and crew, I am honored to launch the film at the opening night gala for AFI Fest.”
Universal Pictures is scheduled to open By the Sea on Nov. 13. Pitt also produced the film alongside Jolie Pitt, while Chris Brigham, Holly Goline-Sadowski and Michael Vieira serve as executive producers.
The 29th edition of AFI Fest, presented by Audi, will run from Nov. 5-12 at various locations in Hollywood.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day