- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Angelina Jolie is filming her directorial debut, a controversial love story between a Muslim woman and a Serbian man, in two different languages: English and the Eastern European dialect many of her actors speak.
“We actually shot a full version in their native language and we shot a full version in English. We shot two complete films,” Jolie tells local outlet Vasarnapi Hirek (as translated by IndieWire). “I was only able to do it because the actors were so fluent in English so they were willing to work hard and do the scenes in two languages.”
Theaters will have the option to choose the version they want to play depending on the region.
Jolie is also considering converting the film to black and white.
“It’s shot in color but it could transfer to black and white. We haven’t decided that…. We put a series of pictures together in black and white and it was beautiful,” says Jolie.
The one thing Jolie is focused on: “The important thing is I want to make sure that we make a film for people who just want to go to the movies to watch a love story. To not be put off by anything that seems too heavy. So we want to walk that fine line to make it accessible to everybody because it’s important for as many people to see it.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day