- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios’ The Eternals, a superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloé Zhao.
Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about superpowered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous offshoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.
While details about the movie are being kept under wraps, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans. It is unclear whom Jolie will play. Marvel had no comment.
While this will be Jolie’s first superhero movie, it is not her first comic book movie — she starred in the 2007 adaptation of Mark Millar’s Wanted.
Jolie is currently working with Marvel’s parent company Disney on the upcoming Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which was recently moved up to a release date this fall from spring 2020, and on the animation/live-action hybrid The One and Only Ivan, which she is also producing. The actress’ upcoming projects also include Come Away, a fantasy drama from Brenda Chapman.
Jolie is repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day