- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday, Angelina Jolie visited refugees on Libya-Tunisia border.
The actress, a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, spent time at two tents hosting refugee families and then met with UNHCR officials running the camp.
“We’re tired of being here! We want to return to Nigeria, take us with you!,” one Nigerian refugee shouted at her.
Jolie, who urged more international aid for the refugee, revealed that her charity with beau Brad Pitt, the Jolie-Pitt Foundation, had made an “important donation” for the refugee operation.
The Associated Press reports Jolie praised the government of Tunisia for its generosity toward the refugees.
Tunisia saw an uprising in January that overthrew a dictator and sparked revolts around the Arab world.
More than 400,000 people have fled from Libya over the last month amid fighting between longtime rebels and leader Moammar Gadhafi’s forces.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day