- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Martin’s husband, Ron, told the network that he had been in touch with Jolie and that the actress’s father, Jon Voight, had recently visited.
“Angelina has been in touch throughout the week, and her brother, Jamie, has been with us, giving his support day by day,” Ron said to E! News. “They both loved Debbie very much, and although Angie is not able to come right now, she has sent her love and support, which was very nice.”
Last month, Jolie revealed in an op-ed piece that she underwent a preventative double mastectomy at Pink Lotus Breast Center to reduce her cancer risk.
The actress wrote in the New York Times about losing her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, to cancer six years ago at age 56 and outlined the steps she needed to take to ensure her own health. Debbie Martin was Bertrand’s sister.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Venice Film Festival