- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winner Paquin on Wednesday dropped by SiriusXM’s The Jess Cagle Show, where she talked about the two becoming best pals while making the 2000 franchise opener, which would help kick-start the comic book movie craze.
“Hugh was the person I was always closest with because I had all my scenes with him,” Paquin, who played Rogue, told Cagle and co-host Julia Cunningham. “He is still a lovely, gracious human being.”
And because they were friends, Paquin says she felt bad for how physical his Wolverine role was in the film.
“He got put through the wringer on that first one and never ever complained,” she said. “It’s minus 40 [degrees] and he’s being dropped off some building onto his back over and over and over again. And still has all the time in the world to be a nice, normal person.”
The actress also delighted in recalling that she had to help Jackman with his character’s signature cigar when Wolverine’s claws were out. “I did have to pick cigar out of his teeth because he couldn’t do it with his claws [out] without causing personal damage.”
Watch the segment below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day