- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Annabelle 2 has a new name.
Director David F. Sandberg on Wednesday shared a new logo, revealing the title of the film is Annabelle: Creation.
The supernatural horror pic is a follow-up to the 2014 Conjuring spinoff, with the news of the new title coming ahead of Warner Bros.’ CinemaCon panel later on Wednesday afternoon.
Miranda Otto is featured in New Line’s sequel to the John R. Leonetti-helmed doll-centric hit. The spinoff of the Conjuring franchise follows a dollmaker and his wife who, 20 years after the tragic death of their little girl, welcome a nun and several orphans into their home, only to see them targeted by the possessed titular creation.
— David F. Sandberg (@ponysmasher) March 29, 2017
The film previously released a short teaser (see the top of the post).
Sandberg’s film is set to open Aug. 11. The director is also set to tackle DC’s Shazam! movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day