- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Warrens are officially back.
Wilson and Farmiga played paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren in 2013’s The Conjuring and 2016’s The Conjuring 2, which launched a universe of films that have grossed $1.56 billion globally. This year’s The Nun has become the highest-grossing title in the franchise with $359 million globally.
The as-yet untitled third Annabelle movie is being written and directed by Gary Dauberman, who penned the previous two installments. The film will once again center on the demonically possessed doll Annabelle, who has been placed by the Warrens in a location they believe she can no longer wreak havoc: their Artifacts Room. Soon the doll soon sets its sights on their 10-year-old daughter Judy (Mckenna Grace).
Madison Iseman, one of the stars of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, is also among the cast. James Wan is producing via his Atomic Monster banner along with Peter Safran of The Safran Company. Atomic Monster’s Michael Clear will executive produce. The film is set to open July 3, 2019.
Wilson can next be seen in Wan’s Aquaman in December, and Farmiga appears in Jason Reitman’s The Frontrunner, due out next month. They are both repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day