- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This isn’t Talitha Bateman’s first time at San Diego Comic-Con, but it’s her first time braving the crowds as a star of one of the convention’s buzzed-about movies.
The 15-year-old Annabelle: Creation star came to San Diego last year as a fan with her brother. This time, it’s a whole new world navigating a whirlwind press tour as a film lead.
Annabelle: Creation is already a hit with critics (it currently holds 100 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 11 reviews), and on Wednesday night, Bateman and her co-stars (along with the stars of New Line’s It and The Nun) were honored at a reception, followed by a screening of the Annabelle sequel.
In the film, Bateman plays Janice, one of several orphans who are welcomed into the home of a couple … who have a doll that turns out to be quite sinister.
Bateman chronicled some of the key moments from the first few days of her Comic-Con experience for Heat Vision:
Annabelle: Creation opens Aug. 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Silent Twins