- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Annabelle Wallis, one of the stars of the British gangster drama Peaky Blinders, is in talks to feature opposite Tom Cruise in Universal’s The Mummy.
The Mummy is being directed by Alex Kurtzman and is planned as the first feature in a series of interconnected monster movies as the studio hopes to build a cinematic universe out of its vault of classic creature features.
Sofia Boutella, who had a breakout role in Kingsman: The Secret Service, is playing the titular role.
The storyline is set in the modern day with Cruise’s character to be a special forces soldier (or former soldier), sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Wallis’ character is to be a scientist.
Kurtzman is producing The Mummy with Chris Morgan and Sean Daniel. Jon Spaihts (Prometheus) wrote the screenplay.
Executive vp Jon Mone and vp Jay Polidoro will oversee production on behalf of Universal.
Wallis is currently onscreen opposite Sasha Baron Cohen in The Brothers Grimsby and will be seen in Guy Ritchie’s Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur. She also starred in horror thriller Annabelle. The actress is repped by UTA, Untitled Entertainment, Jackoway Tyerman and the U.K.’s United Agents.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day