- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The award recognizes “the extraordinary creative talents of a graduate of the AFI Conservatory or AFI Directing Workshop for Women who symbolizes the legacy of Franklin Schaffner.”
Garefino, a member of the AFI class of 1988, has served as the executive producer of South Park since 2007. She also has produced films with Trey Parker and Matt Stone: 1999’s South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and 2004’s Team America: World Police. She made her Broadway producing debut with Parker and Stone’s The Book of Mormon.
Earlier in her career, she worked for public television station WETA-TV, where she co-produced the In Performance at the White House series.
The AFI Life Achievement Award ceremony will be broadcast on TNT on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. and as part of an all-night tribute to Fonda on Turner Classic Movies on Aug. 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day