- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anne Hathaway was nearly swept out to sea while vacationing in Oahu, Hawaii, on Wednesday.
The Les Miserables star got caught up in a riptide, and while her husband, Adam Shulman, lay out of earshot on the beach, a fast-acting surfer came to her rescue.
According the New York Post‘s Page Six, Hathaway, 31, began waving her arms and screaming as the waves engulfed her, catching the attention of the local man who ran down the beach to her aid with a boogie board.
Photos of the dramatic incident show Anne’s short-haired head bobbing under the water as her hands flail in the air.
Once back safely on dry land, Hathaway was attended to by 32-year-old Shulman, who carefully bandaged up a cut on her left foot that had been caused by a sharp coral reef.
Fortunately, she seemed to quickly recover from the traumatic experience and was seen later that day posing with fans for pictures on the beach.
The surfer who leapt into the water to save Hathaway has not yet been named.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day