- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anne Hathaway wants to star on Glee — and she’s already come up with her role.
“She wants to play Chris Colfer’s lesbian aunt,” Co-creater Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter backstage at the Golden Globes after his Fox hit won best comedic television series. “She presented the whole episode. She came up with the songs.”
“I love her and would definitely be interested,” added Murphy, who tells THR Hathaway approached him “on her way to the bathroom.”
Later that night, they “finalized a deal with Anne to come on to the show,” Murphy said, adding that she will likely sing Stephen Sondheim.
Co-creator Brad Falchuk also spoke about Glee‘s much anticipated Super Bowl episode, which will guest star Katie Couric: “It’s huge. There’s pretty intense makeup, a couple of unexpected kisses in there. A huge number with flaming whips, BMX bikes.”
It’s the “biggest budget” episode of all time, he added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day