- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the joke, Amy Schumer‘s character teases her boyfriend (Bill Hader) after he wins an award for his charity work, telling him that he doesn’t have to carry the thing everywhere like he’s Anne Hathaway on Oscar night.
In response, Hathaway Instagrammed a picture of her Trainwreck ticket stub along with a note to Schumer, predicting an Oscar win for her work on the comedy: “Don’t pretend like when you win your Oscar — which you could for your brilliant and refreshing writing and/or acting in @TrainwreckMovie — you won’t tote it around to every Oscar party you go to.” Then she signed off, “Way to slay, Annie.”
Hathaway won her Oscar for best supporting actress for her role in Les Miserables in 2012. Trainwreck, which Schumer wrote and stars in, opened to $30.1 million at the box office its first weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day