- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on the autobiography from Pamela Druckerman, the project would be financed by StudioCanal, with Blueprint Picture set to produce.
The story, described as Julie & Julia in tone, follows an American journalist who moves to Paris for her husband’s job and raises a family there. As she tries to figure out how to balance her family and career — and battle the feelings that she is failing at both — she observes her French neighbors and friends to uncover the secrets behind parenting astonishingly well-behaved French children. She learns, however, that everyone, no matter how perfect they might appear, has their own problems.
Jamie Minoprio and Jonathan Stern wrote the most recent draft of the adaptation.
Graham Broadbent and Peter Czernin’s Blueprint was behind the award-winning Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and most recently Focus Features’ Jane Austen adaptation Emma.
Hathaway, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer, can currently be seen in the Joan Didion adaptation The Last Thing He Wanted from Dee Rees for Netflix. She next will be seen in Robert Zemeckis’ The Witches remake for Warner Bros, playing the Grand High Witch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day