- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. has the domestic rights to the project, which was a hot title at 2013’s AFM.
Robert De Niro is also starring in the project, which tells of the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned an intern who’s a retiree (De Niro). He becomes a valuable resource and the two develop a relationship.
Witherspoon was involved with the film when it was selling at AFM but left the project mid-January. Scheduling was blamed at the time.
Scott Rudin, who is producing, and Meyers then quickly zeroed in on some key names with Hathaway doing a table read with De Niro and Meyers last week that went well.
Hathaway will next be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is coming off the Sundance premiere of the drama Song One.
She is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures