- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film will be directed by Todd Haynes and produced by Ruffalo and Killer Films. Bill Camp, Victor Garber, Mare Winningham, William Jackson Harper and Bill Pullman also join the ensemble cast for an untitled project based on Nathaniel Rich’s New York Times article about a lawyer who took on DuPont, the chemical giant.
The movie’s script is penned by Matthew Carnahan and Mario Correa. Ruffalo, Pamela Koffler and Christine Vachon will produce the film, with Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King executive producing along with Michael Sledd.
Robert Bilott, the corporate defense attorney who took on an environmental suit against DuPont, and will be played by Ruffalo, will serve as a consultant on the film. Participant’s Robert Kessel will oversee development and production.
Production on the film starts next week in Cincinnati. Hathaway, who will next be seen in the mystery thriller Serenity, is represented by CAA. Robbins and Pullman are represented by ICM.
Ruffalo and Harper are represented by UTA. Garber is represented by Industry Entertainment. Camp and Winningham are represented by Innovative Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day