- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Classics has acquired all rights in North America, Germany, Scandinavia, Greece, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia (excluding China, Korea and Japan) to The Seagull, starring Annette Bening, Saoirse Ronan and Elisabeth Moss. The drama is headed for release in 2018.
Corey Stoll and Brian Dennehy are also among the cast of the film, an adaptation of Anton Chekhov’s classic play. Tony-winning director Michael Mayer (Spring Awakening) helms the project from a script by Tony-winning playwright Stephen Karam (The Humans).
The Seagull tells the heartbreaking and funny story of friends and lovers, all of whom are in love with the wrong person. The movie depicts the tragic consequences of narcissism, particularly on young dreams and romantic love.
The Seagull is produced by Tom Hulce, Leslie Urdang, Bob Salerno, Jay Franke and David Herro. The deal was negotiated between Sony Pictures Classics and CAA and Endeavor Content. Hyde Park International represents the remaining world rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day