- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The International Animated Film Society, ASIFA-Hollywood, announced that the call for entries for the 43rd annual Annie Awards begins Sept. 1. The Annie Awards ceremony will be held Feb. 6 at UCLA’s Royce Hall.
There are 36 categories, including production, individual achievement and special juried awards. A new category, best independent feature, has been added, while the best video game category has been removed.
“The best feature-independent category is designed to highlight and award feature films with a smaller release strategy,” said ASIFA-Hollywood executive director Frank Gladstone.
Productions that were released in the U.S. between Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2015 are eligible for award consideration. Exceptions are commercials, short subjects, special projects and student films, which can qualify with or without U.S. releases.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day