- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Ant-Man corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will continue to be Peyton Reed’s Place.
Paul Rudd is expected to return as Scott Lang, the heist-hearting hero with the power of petiteness in the new installment. It would be Rudd’s fifth time out as the character, barring any other surprise appearances.
Plot specfics are being kept hidden in the Quantum Realm.
No release details have been confirmed, but sources say the plan is to shoot the pic at the end of 2020 or top of 2021 for a likely release in 2022. Sources say that the sequels Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love and Thunder will shoot before Ant-Man 3.
Much like his fellow Marvel cohorts Joe and Anthony Russo, Reed started off in the comedy worlds of TV and movies, making his feature directorial debut with the 2000 cheerleading comedy Bring It On. Other films including Down With Love (2003), The Break-Up (2006) and Yes Man (2008) followed.
Reed was brought into the Marvel universe when, late in Ant-Man’s development process, he replaced Edgar Wright as helmer. The movie grossed $519.3 million. The follow-up, in which Reed was more involved, earned $622.6 million.
Reed is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day