- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony Hopkins is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Red 2, Summit’s sequel to its hit 2010 action movie.
Dean Parisot is behind the camera this time around, with Bruce Willis leading a cast that included Helen Mirren and John Malkovich, among others, as over-the-hill special ops agents forced out of retirement.
If a deal makes, Hopkins will play a genius scientist who was locked up in an insane asylum.
Hopkins joins Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byun-Hun Lee as new members of the cast.
Jon and Erich Hober, who worked on the first movie, wrote the script. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is producing.
Red 2 will once again pair Hopkins with Mirren, with whom he’s worked with numerous times. The duo are currently shooting Fox Searchlight’s Hitchcock in Los Angeles.
He is repped by UTA, Stone Meyer and UK’s Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day