- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gary Michael Schultz wrote the script and is directing the indie, which tells of a small town loner and a rebellious punk rocker unexpectedly fall in love as they are forced on the run and soon discover violence follows them everywhere.
“Vincent-N-Roxxy is a very personal story for me and, at its core, it is a story about love, family, and the unrelenting presence of violence in both,” said Schultz.
A July start in Austin is being eyed.
Said Kjarval: “Gary has written a stunning portrait of love and violence, and frankly he honed in on what America looks and feels like right now. We cannot wait to add to an already brilliant cast and work with Gary towards telling a very poignant and current story”
Echikunwoke has appeared on shows such as 90210 and House of Lies and will be seen in the indie Electric Slide. She is repped by UTA, A Management and Stone Meyer.
Yelchin recently wrapped shooting Dying of the Light, an indie thriller from Paul Schrader that sees the young actor star opposite Nicolas Cage. He also just signed on to star opposite Zooey Deschanel in The Driftless Area, which will shoot in May in Vancouver. Unified is also producing the latter.
He is repped by CAA and Sloane Offer.