- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s the end of the world as we know it, but Nicolas Cage doesn’t feel fine. The first teaser trailer for Left Behind has been released, offering a glimpse at the world after the sudden disappearance of millions of people.
The movie, to be released on Oct. 3, is the second adaptation of the popular 1995 novel about the aftermath of the biblical rapture by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, rebooting the movie franchise that initially launched with 2000’s Left Behind: The Movie, starring Kirk Cameron.
STORY: Lea Thompson Joins ‘Left Behind’ Reboot
This time around, Chad Michael Murray takes Cameron’s role as Buck Williams, a journalist struggling to come to terms with millions of people inexplicably vanishing around the world. Cage plays Ray Steele, an airline pilot whose wife and son are among the missing; his daughter (Cassi Thomson) remains on Earth. Lea Thompson plays Irene, Ray’s wife, who warns of the oncoming rapture ahead of time.
Left Behind is directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong from a script by John Patus and producer Paul LaLonde (LaLonde also acted as writer and producer for the original series of movies). Jason Hewitt is executive producer.
Watch the teaser trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day