- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apple Original Films has picked up Number One on the Call Sheet, two documentary features about pioneering Black actors and actresses, with backing from Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart, Angela Bassett and Halle Berry.
Apple will debut the companion films globally on Apple TV+. Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Women in Hollywood, directed by Shola Lynch, celebrates Black achievement in the film industry and what it takes for Black women actors to find success in the film business.
The film is executive produced by Bassett and Berry. The second doc, Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Men in Hollywood, will be directed by Reginald Hudlin and similarly chronicles the experiences of Black male actors who paved the way for today’s Black American stars in Hollywood.
Jamie Foxx, Kevin Hart, Datari Turner and Dan Cogan will produce the second film. Reginald Hudlin and Bryan Smiley will executive produce both documentaries.
Apple’s recent and upcoming releases include the Billie Eilish doc from R.J. Cutler and the Russo brothers’ Cherry.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tribeca Film Festival