- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aquaman is going to have a serious case of sibling rivalry on his hands.
Patrick Wilson has joined the superhero film as Ocean Master, who in the DC comics is the half-brother of Arthur Curry (Aquaman). Known as Orm Curry, he grew up jealous of his half-brother’s powers (he himself had none). Orm eventually turned to super villainy, using technology to transform himself into the Ocean Master.
Director James Wan confirmed the casting news on Twitter Monday. The two have a long history working together on projects such as The Conjuring and Insidious.
Wilson also played Nite Owl in Zack Snyder’s 2009 comic book adaptation Watchmen, and is just the latest alum from the film to join the DC Extended Universe. Billy Crudup is attached to The Flash movie, while Jeffrey Dean Morgan played Bruce Wayne’s father in this year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Jason Momoa is starring as Aquaman in the DCEU, having made a cameo in BvS and with him set to appear in next year’s Justice League. His own solo adventure film, which also stars Amber Heard as Mera, will hit theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.
— James Wan (@creepypuppet) December 13, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day