- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aquaman screenwriter Will Beall is diving into new waters, as he is set to pen The Creature From the Black Lagoon for Universal.
The project is part of the studio’s growing shared monsters universe, which will launch June 9 with The Mummy starring Tom Cruise.
Chris Morgan and Alex Kurtzman are overseeing the monsters universe, which is based on Universal’s vault of classic movies. Other potential films will revolve around the characters of Dracula, Frankenstein, the Invisible Man, the Bride of Frankenstein and vampire hunter Van Helsing.
Beall wrote the screenplay for Warner Bros.’ DC project Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa, which will begin shooting in Australia soon. The scribe previously wrote the script for Gangster Squad and is an executive producer and writer on the CBS series Training Day.
Beall is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day