- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The new footage comes after the debut of a well-received trailer at San Diego Comic-Con in July. In addition to Momoa’s Arthur Curry/Aquaman, the film also stars Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
“I want it to feel more like a quest, fantasy movie,” Wan said in July after debuting the first trailer. “I wanted people to see just the visuals of the different worlds and what they are getting themselves into, like you are seeing it for the first time.”
The Warner Bros. and DC film opens Dec. 21 during a busy holiday season. It’ll go head-to-head with Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, which opens the same day, and opens a few days after Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns. While the film follows Momoa’s turn in last year’s Justice League, it is conceived as a standalone that won’t be weighed down by the baggage of DC’s larger cinematic universe.
After Aquaman, the studio next has Shazam! out in April 2019, followed by Joker in October and Wonder Woman 1984 in November.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day