- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.’ big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara’s historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest’s 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo,” SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. “He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we’re thrilled to honor him this year.”
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor “an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry.” Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.