- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Armie Hammer will star opposite Felicity Jones in On the Basis of Sex, the biopic of renowned Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Participant Media is behind the drama, which will be directed by Mimi Leder from a script by Daniel Stiepleman, who is also Ginsburg’s nephew.
Sex focuses on Ginsburg, played by Jones, as she teams up with her husband, Marty Ginsburg (Hammer) to bring the first landmark gender discrimination case before the Supreme Court.
Robert Cort is producing. Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King of Participant Media will executive produce.
The movie is eyeing a fall shoot in Montreal.
The feature is slated for release in 2018, in line with Ginsburg’s 25th anniversary as a Supreme Court Justice. Focus Features is distributing domestically.
Hammer is generating awards buzz for his performance in Luca Guadagnino’s Call Me by Your Name, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. He most recently was seen in Free Fire and also voiced the role of Jackson Storm for Pixar’s Cars 3.
He is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures