- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As Arnold Schwarzenegger begins his re-entry into the world of moviemaking, he may be facing competition from a source surprisingly close to home. On Friday, Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick Schwarzenegger was spotted on the Boston set of Grown Ups 2, in which he plays a fraternity brother of Twilight star Taylor Lautner.
PHOTOS: ’80s Action Stars: Where Are They Now?
THR confirmed the casting of Patrick Schwarzenegger in the film, which People.com reported on Monday. Patrick wrote Friday on Twitter, “Amazing first day on Grown Ups 2 with my frat brothas
@jimmytatro @davidhenrie so happy to be part of this.”
Meanwhile, Patrick was photographed on July 4th embracing Taylor Swift, Lautner’s ex-girlfriend. She reportedly spent time at the Kennedy compound in Cape Cod on Tuesday, and was seen Wednesday walking on the beach and laughing with the budding actor.
Grown Ups 2 adds Lautner and Schwarzenegger to a cast that includes Adam Sandler, Salma Hayek, Kevin James, Chris Rock and David Spade. Scheduled for a 2013 release, the film is being directed by longtime Sandler collaborator Dennis Dugan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day