- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Arrow actress Katie Cassidy will play a part inspired by actress Sharon Tate in The Wolves at the Door, a micro-budget horror movie being made by New Line.
John Leonetti is directing the project that is taking its cues from the horrifying Manson Family murders that shocked Los Angeles in 1969.
Known as the Tate murders, the event saw members of the Charles Manson cult break into the home of Tate, eight-and-a-half months pregnant, and her new husband director Roman Polanski. The director was shooting in Europe at the time, but Tate was entertaining three friends. They were all stabbed and shot to death multiple times.
Insiders say the project is a home invasion thriller set in the 1960s but is not a retelling of the actual events, nor will it reference any Manson connection.
Peter Safran is producing with production aiming to start mid-May in Los Angeles.
Cassidy plays the Black Canary/Laurel Lance on CW’s hit superhero show, Arrow, which is wrapping up its third season. She is repped by CAA, Anonymous Content and Barnes Morris.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day