- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cavu Pictures will distribute the documentary Art Bastard, which is set to open May 20 at the Angelika Film Center in New York and the Lincoln Plaza Cinemas. The film will then open June 3 at the Laemmle Monica Film Center in Santa Monica and the Edwards University Town Center 6 in Irvine, Calif. Then, June 10, it will screen at the Angelika Pop-Up in Washington, D.C., before rolling out across the country.
Art Bastard, directed by Victor Kanefsky, is a portrait of New York painter Robert Cenedella — a contemporary of Andy Warhol’s who set himself up in the ‘60s as the anti-Warhol.
Beginning April 1, select paintings of Cenedella’s will be on display in the lobby of the Angelika Film Center in NYC in celebration of the film and the artist.
“Art Bastard is incredibly timely, given that once again we are in the season of revolution — which always provides a fertile canvas for a lifetime rebel and artist like Robert Cenedella, who after years of being rejected by the art establishment continues to take great joy in poking holes in their self-righteous balloons with the point of his art,” said Cavu co-founder Isil Bagdadi.
Watch the trailer for Art Bastard in the player below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival