- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third installment in DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon series of animated movies is set to arrive in theaters March 1, 2019, and just days later, Dark Horse Books will release an in-depth look at the work behind the movie.
The hardcover The Art of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World will feature hundreds of pieces of exclusive, unseen artwork from the development and creation of the new movie, alongside commentary from director Dean DeBlois and artists who worked on the feature. The book, which will run 184 pages and retail for $39.99, is currently available for pre-order ahead of its March 5 release.
The title continues a run of process books from the Oregon-based company, which has previously published The Legends of Zelda: Art & Artifacts, The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Art of the Animated Series.
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, directed by DeBlois and produced by Brad Lewis (Ratatouille) and Bonnie Arnold (Toy Story), sees Hiccup and Toothless leave behind everything they’ve known to face a threat unlike any they’ve ever seen before — or even imagined.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day