- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Bomback has been tapped to pen The Art of Racing in the Rain for Universal.
Patrick Dempsey is attached to star in the adaptation of the novel by Garth Stein, which centered on a family dog named Enzo who evaluates his life through the lessons learned by his human owner, a race-car driver named Denny Swift (Dempsey). The book was published in 2008 by Harper.
Dempsey is producing with Original Film’s Neal Moritz. Tania Landau and Joannie Burstein will serve as executive producers.
Bomback got noticed for his work on Live Free or Die Hard and wrote Unstoppable, which starred Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. He’s continued to work on big projecs since, including Planet of the Apes and the upcoming Jack the Giant Killer and Total Recall remake.
He is WME, Anonymous Content and attorney David Colden. Stein is repped by UTA and Folio Literary Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day