- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Producers Distribution Agency will release Asif Kapadia’s Senna, a documentary about the Brazilian Formula One race car driver Aryton Senna, on Aug. 12 in the U.S.
PDA is the distribution, created by Cinetic Media’s John Sloss and Bart Walker, which successfuly released the Oscar nominee Exit Through the Gift Shop last year. Distribution and marketing consultant Richard Abramowitz and Electric Artists’ Marc Schiller will also work on the release.
Senna, from Working Title Films, had its North American premiere at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, where it won the World Cinema Audience Award in the documentary category.
“Occasionally a film comes along which defies all preconceptions, and simply demands to be seen. Senna is an unexpectedly moving and powerful film that we believe has immense playability far beyond its obvious core audience, and we all feel strongly that this is exactly the type of film will benefit from our unique approach to distribution,” Sloss said.
A Working Title Production in association with Midfield Films, Senna was directed Kapadia, written by Manish Pandey and produced by James Gay Rees, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner. The executive producers are Kevin Macdonald, Manish Pandey, Debra Hayward and Liza Chasin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day