- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Athetlic officials admitted that they allowed two high school basketball recruits to meet the couple — along with several former Hawkeye basketball players — at a home football game last month.
In school documents filed with the NCAA, one recruit acknowledged that he met Kutcher and Moore at halftime of the game, and “recruits and the coaching staff were present.”
Kutcher, a university donor, is considered a representative of Hawkeye athletic interests, the school documents stated. Contact between such individuals and potential recruits is prohibited because of the influence they might have on the recruiting process.
However, Yahoo Sports reports that Iowa’s potential violations are “not that big of a deal” because “encounters between recruits and celebrity alums happen all the time.”
A senior associate athletic director told the Register that the school is awaiting a response from NCAA regarding the university’s internal investigation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day