- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Ashton Kutcher accepted the Teen Choice Award for Actor in a Romantic Comedy, bestowing a little advice and a song on the audience.
“Stop screaming. I’m trying to talk serious right now,” Kutcher yelled at the audience as he went on stage to accept his surfboard. He won for his role in No Strings Attached.
“Dont ever charge anything on a credit card unless you know you already have the money in the bank,” Kutcher told the audience, in a very timely moment. Kutcher wore a plaid shirt, beige hat and sunglasses while on stage.
Kutcher then started singing Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream,” and the audience joined in. Kutcher will next be seen as Charlie Sheen’s replacement in Two and a Half Men.
Not to be outdone, Ellen DeGeneres joked about singing a dong when she went on stage to accept the award for Choice Comedian.
The national debt crisis came up several other times throughout the show. Host Kaley Cuoco also asked “What is the debt ceiling” to a member of the audience, who gave a thorough – albeit staged – answer. Community stars Joel McHale and Gillian Jacobs also spoke about the debt crisis in their opening for the Choice Award for Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day