- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Atom Tickets, the movie ticketing service trying to go toe-to-toe with Fandango, has signed an exhibitor partnership with the country’s fifth-largest theater chain, Harkins Theatres, as well as eight other theater chains.
New Vision Theatres, Santikos Entertainment and Regency Theatres also signed the agreement to enable Atom Tickets at their locations, along with New England’s Cinemagic Stadium Theaters, Wyoming’s WYO Movies and Los Angeles’ Starlight Cinemas and CGV Cinemas.
The partnerships add 1,000 screens to Atom’s platform, bringing its total reach to over 20,000 screens across North America.
In March, Atom, which allows users to pre-order concessions and makes it easier for groups to coordinate a trip to the theater, secured $60 million of new funding.
“Partnering with all of these phenomenal exhibitors from Harkins Theatres to New Vision Theatres is amazing validation that we’re providing a valuable service that makes going to the movies that much better and easier not only for theater owners but for movie fans as well,” Matthew Bakal, chairman and co-founder of Atom Tickets, said Monday in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the banshees of inisherin