- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Online ticket service Atom Tickets has launched a sweepstakes for anyone dumping MoviePass. The winner will receive a year’s worth of free movies, valued at $4,380.
Atom — whose owners include Disney, Fox and Lionsgate — announced the contest Tuesday morning as MoviePass’ future hangs in the balance.
According to a press release from Atom, “Break-Up Sweepstakes” is designed “to help ease the pain for MoviePass members as the service suffers from repeated technical outages, blockbuster blackouts and an uncertain future.”
Anyone can enter the sweepstakes by tweeting a picture of their cut-up MoviePass card to Atom Tickets with the hashtags #MOVIEPAST and #ATOMSWEEPS between now and Aug. 31.
Separately, for this week only, Atom is offering a free ticket to MoviePass subscribers and anyone else once they purchase a ticket on the Atom app.
Atom has its own loyalty program that offers a free movie ticket to any member of Atom Rewards after seeing four movies. Atom services over 20,000 screens across the U.S. The comany’s advisory board includes the likes of Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams, Tyler Perry and Dwayne Johnson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day