- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aubrey Plaza, Cary Elwes and Bugzy Malone are set to star alongside Jason Statham in Guy Ritchie’s untitled spy thriller for Miramax and STX Films.
The pic, shopped to buyers at the Toronto Film Festival as Five Eyes, is starting production this week in Doha, Qatar, before moving cameras to Turkey. The feature will see Statham play Orson Fortune, a MI6 guns-and-steel agent recruited by global intelligence alliance Five Eyes to track down and stop the sale of a deadly new weapons technology that threatens to disrupt the world order.
Ritchie and Miramax are getting back together after collaborations on The Gentlemen and Wrath of Man. Ritchie will direct and produce the action film from a screenplay written by Ivan Atkinson and Marn Davies (The Gentlemen, Wrath of Man), with revisions by Ritchie. Atkinson will also produce.
Bill Block will produce for Miramax, which is also fully financing the film, and STX will distribute directly in the U.S., U.K. and Ireland and in the rest of the world.
STXfilms released Ritchie’s The Gentlemen, which grossed $115 million at the worldwide box office.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise