- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laura Marano, the star of Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally, has joined the cast of The War With Grandpa, a Dimension Films comedy that stars Robert De Niro and Marisa Tomei.
Tim Hill is directing the feature, which also counts Christopher Walken and Eugene Levy among its cast.
In the coming-of-age family comedy, a young grandson is forced to yield his room to his Grandpa Jack (De Niro), who is moving in. The boy engages in a series of pranks to drive his grandfather out, but the old man fights dirty, giving as good as he gets.
Marano will play the boy’s big sister, a teenage daughter who is trying to rebel from under her watchful mother (Tomei).
Phillip Glasser, Marvin Peart and Rosa Morris Peart are producing the comedy, which is targeting an April 21, 2017, release.
Marano’s casting comes at a busy time for the actress, who gained a following acting and singing from 2011 to 2016 on Disney’s popular show. She recently wrapped Lady Bird, Greta Gerwig’s teen indie starring Saoirse Ronan and produced by Scott Rudin. And she is also in the middle of recording her debut album.
Marano is repped by Paradigm, Marano Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day