- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Selma helmer Ava DuVernay has exited Intelligent Life, the sci-fi DreamWorks project that has Lupita Nyong’o attached to star.
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow and his collaborator Derek Connolly wrote the script, which centers on a United Nations employee who monitors outer space and makes contact with a beautiful woman who may be an alien.
DuVernay joined the project in February but has left over scheduling conflicts, according to sources. Nyong’o remains attached to star.
Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment is producing the project along with Frank Marshall, Trevorrow and the production banner Big Beach.
DuVernay currently is working on the OWN series Queen Sugar, starring Rutina Wesley. The director also is attached to Disney’s adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time, the children’s book classic by Madeleine L’Engle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone