- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The lineup also includes writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (Big Eyes), writer-director Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler), director Gina Prince-Bythewood (Beyond the Lights), indie veteran Richard Linklater (Boyhood) and new writer-director Justin Simien (Dear White People).
Other participants in the five scheduled panels include editor Sandra Adair (Boyhood), editor Spencer Averick (Selma) and actor David Oyelowo (Selma).
“I’m thrilled with the diversity of filmmakers that have accepted our invitation,” said Maria Raquel Bozzi, senior director of education for Film Independent, which also produces the Film Independent Spirit Awards, the Los Angeles Film Festival and Film Independent at LACMA.”
Moderators include Stephanie Allain (Los Angeles Film Festival director and producer of Dear White People and Beyond the Lights) and Robin Swicord (writer, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Memoirs of a Geisha).
The Film Independent Directors Close-Up schedule follows.
Feb. 3 — Ava DuVernay: The Road to Selma
Feb. 11 — In the Cutting Room with Richard Linklater and Sandra Adair
Feb. 18 — The Independent Spirit
Feb. 25 — Writing & Directing
Mar. 4 — Justin Simien: Storytelling Across Platforms
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day