- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Skip Kimball, the colorist behind James Cameron’s Avatar, has joined Deluxe’s Efilm as senior colorist.
Kimball recently finished work on seasons one and two of the Duffer Brothers’ Stranger Things on Netflix and is currently working on Deadpool 2 for Twentieth Century Fox and director David Leitch. Other feature credits include Downsizing and Nebraska for Alexander Payne; Logan for Fox and James Mangold; and the Terminator 2 remaster for James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment.
Kimball joins Efilm from Technicolor, where he spent nearly six years as senior colorist. Before that, he spent 15 years at Modern VideoFilm.
“We are incredibly proud to have Skip on the team,” William Sherak, who was recently named president of Deluxe Post Production, said in a statement. “He is an immensely talented artist that top directors, DPs and producers have come to rely on for his expertise in making their projects look amazing.”
Sherak and Kimball previously collaborated on the reissue of Titanic in 3D, which Deluxe’s Stereo D converted for Cameron.
Kimball joins a roster of Efilm colorists that includes Natasha Leonnet, Mitch Paulson, Tom Reiser, Jason Hanel, Kevin O’Connor, Steve Delman, Adrian DeLude, Ben Estrada and Matt Wallach.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day